It has been just over 100 days since the opening of the Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital and almost six months since we began working with Children’s Health Queensland (CHQ) to provide organisational development and change and transition support.
Over the past couple of weeks TMS has been working closely with the Executive Management Team, reflecting on and acknowledging the amazing achievements since the facility opened and setting the direction for the next 100 day horizon.
TMS has also been partnering with CHQ to engage staff and assist in the development of a strong organisational culture – one in which the delivery of great family-centered care to the children of Queensland is at the forefront of thinking and process.
Recently our work has concentrated on the establishment of a new culture and the human transition and culture change requirements of the workforce at Lady Cilento.
Current focus areas in the TMS Program include:
- Rapidly establishing high performing teams
- Establishing cohesive Leadership Teams that are integrated and connected across the Health and Hospital Service
- Creating ownership of the CHQ Values and the associated behavioural expectations
- Normalising the emotional response to change and embedding a solution focus in achieving results
- Enhancing a consumer centric service in decision making and the connection to care and reputation
- Facilitating key dialogues in process establishment and solution requirements
- Executive level support and advice
- Direction clarification and action planning
It continues to be a privilege working with CHQ and to reflect on and implementing the learnings to date as we enter this next chapter.
– Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital Cultural Transition Update – December 2014
– TMS to assist Children’s Health QLD with transition support and team development at the newly built Lady Cilento Children’s Hospital