From January 2016, NDIS packages will be available in Townsville, Charters Towers and Palm Island.
North Queensland will be the 9th trial site, joining sites in all other States and Territories, some of which have been in operational since 2013.
Fast facts – NDIS in North Queensland
- Around 1600 people are expected to be eligible.
- Of these, 600 are expected to receive funded packages by 1 July 2016.
- In Townsville and Charters Towers, the implementation will focus on children and young people (under 18).
- On Palm Island, the implementation will be for people up to 65 years of age.
- The NDIA has an office in Townsville.
As this announcement highlights, now is the time to be preparing for operations in the NDIS environment. This short paper has some advice on what service providers should be considering to position themselves for success in the new environment.
We would be happy to discuss this material, or share our experience in assisting other clients with NDIS readiness. To get in touch with us, please call us on 07 3003 1473 or email email@example.com.