Is Presenteeism an issue in your workplace? Did you know that Presenteeism (i.e. present but less than fully productive) is between four to seven times more costly than absenteeism? Recent studies from the UK suggest that only 35% of the workforce is fully productive, that leaves 65% of the workforce less than fully productive. The causes of Presenteeism are many and varied but most have their origin in the workplace. The way you engage, lead, manage and communicate with staff and contractors has a significant influence on their level of engagement, commitment and productivity.
TMS presents the paper Workforce Productivity: Presenteeism and its impact on safety and organisational health by Malcolm Lawson, which documents the issues we face with Presenteeism and what steps you can take to prevent or eliminate it in your workplace.